The following is a guest blog from the Co-chair of the ASET Ambassador Program Task Force
Calling All ASET Ambassadors!
Meredith Milton, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT
Improving the health of the people we serve
The ASET Marketing Committee has recently created the ASET Ambassador Program in order to actively attract and recruit new students to the field of Neurodiagnostics. This program is geared toward technologists who would like to volunteer to go out in their local communities and speak to students about their careers. This program was presented at the ASET Annual Conference and so far we have received a wonderful response. We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to hear about the program and has an opportunity to get involved.
If this is something that interests you, we’d love to have you join us in accomplishing our goal! The first thing you need to do is pick a target location – typically you want to choose a school in your area that would be receptive to you delivering a PowerPoint Presentation (which has already been prepared). The PowerPoint covers an abundance of information about Neurodiagnostics. This presentation can be geared towards students from elementary school all the way through college, and more recently we’ve added a new task force specifically assigned to recruiting Veterans that are looking to re-enter the workforce.
Once you have signed up by filling out the short questionnaire on the ASET Website (see link below), you will receive all the information you need in order to present. You are provided with the following tools:
1. Letter to the Facility: This is a professionally written letter explaining the goal of the Ambassador Program that you may give to the facility in which you would like to present.
2. PowerPoint Presentation: There are two versions that are adjusted based on the age of your audience. The PowerPoint will guide you throughout your entire presentation.
3. Presentation Script: The script is to be used with the PowerPoint. Utilizing it will help streamline your presentation.
4. FAQ Videos: You can watch these beforehand to familiarize yourself with questions the audience members might ask you.
5. Lastly, we provide you with promo materials to pass out after your presentation. We have Neurodiagnostic Pens and Pamphlets for the listeners to take home. Upon completion of your presentation, we also provide surveys for the audience members to fill out regarding the presentation. Our goal is to give these students all the information they need to develop a basic understanding of and interest in our field. The surveys even have an option for the students to request more information about Neurodiagnostics through the ASET Marketing Committee.
Once you have presented, you are required to return the students’ surveys and fill in a short survey yourself regarding your own experience with the program. And then, WE take it from there! After your first presentation you can be involved as little or as much as you like. As long as you successfully complete one presentation, you are officially an ASET Ambassador. You will receive 1 CEU (first time only), recognition in The Neurodiagnostic Journal, and an Ambassador Ribbon for your name badge at the Annual Conference.
Best of all, though, you will know you have presented a fulfilling career opportunity to students or veterans and contributed to the bright future of the Neurodiagnostic Profession. Help us accomplish our goals of: reaching future technologists, increasing Neurodiagnostic school enrollment, and creating a new generation of Neurodiagnostic professionals. We can’t wait for you to join us and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
To learn more about the ASET Ambassador Program, visit our website at: www.aset.org. The Ambassador Program information is listed under the Resources tab: ASET Ambassador Program
If you are interested in becoming an ambassador for the profession, or know someone who is, please contact Sarah Dolezilek, ASET's Marketing and Communications Manager, at 816.931.1120  or firstname.lastname@example.org.