Thursday, August 30, 2012

So what is the “Synapse Bowl”?


I will be on vacation for a while after today, so I wanted to post something in my blog before I sign off for a week and a half.  But, because I am looking forward to time off, I am in a light-hearted mood, so cannot come up with a really serious educational topic, so how about something fun!!
I thought you all might like to know what the “Synapse Bowl” is! You may have seen this announced in our annual conference brochure.  For the past two years, we have run this as the closing event of the meeting.
Here is a picture of one of the teams, and one of the “game show” hosts, our own Board of Trustees member, Scott Blodgett, seen here as “Vanna White”.  The team is from the Central Society, and you can see the team name is “The Central Nerdy System”.  By the way, they won the completion this year.



This is a college-bowl type competition, with Jeopardy style questions.  Teams of four compete, two at a time.  Question categories are related to neurodiagnostics:  “I See You”, Polly Somm, E.P. Call Home, and the like.  Judge Judy (our current ASET president) presides and determines if a questionable answer is correct.
After tallying all the participant evaluations for the annual conference in St. Paul, I can say that this event got rave reviews!  This event awards ACE credits and provides a comprehensive review of many topics.
We’ll be looking for teams for next year, so please be thinking about this!  There is lots of fun and laughter and learning!





No comments:

Post a Comment