Wednesday, February 5, 2014

EEG Boot Camp and LTM Academy



I usually update my blog entries more often.  I can’t believe the last time I posted an entry it was New Year’s Eve!  Here we are a month later and I am watching yet another snow storm swirl around me here in Maine.


The View from Here


I have been very busy this past month, booking speakers for both the 2014 annual conference and the upcoming ASET Spring Seminar Courses: EEG Boot Camp and LTM Academy. I will write more on the 2014 Annual Conference Program in next month’s entry.   The ASET spring courses will be held on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, on March 29 and 30th.  As I mentioned in my last entry, our registration fees for ASET seminar courses has been reduced by up to $100 per person this year!  I am hedging my bet that if we make it more affordable, more people will attend! The early bird registration fee is $275 for ASET members, and $320 for non-members.  Please note that the early bird registration rate ends on Feb. 28th!
I know that many technologists are seeking CEUs for recertification or to qualify to take the ABRET EEG exam.  The EEG Boot Camp course is the perfect choice for those preparing to take the EEG registry exam!  We have updated the EEG review course content to include more in-depth pattern recognition and clinical correlations to better address changes in the exam due to the switch from the oral Part II to the written Part II.
The LTM Academy course is a bit different that the LTM Seminars we have offered in the past.  Since our host has a state-of-the-art comprehensive epilepsy program, we are taking advantage of the unique expertise they have to offer.  LTM course topics will include presentations on MEG and stereotactic placement of multiple depth electrodes for invasive monitoring.
You may view the full course schedules, access the registration form and our lodging options at this link:http://www.aset.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3445

ASET has reserved a block of rooms at the nearby Hampton Inn and Suites, which includes daily shuttle service to and from the hotel to the conference center at the hospital.  Our room rate is $119 per night and this rate expires on March 4th, so please reserve your room early.

Please consider participating to show your support for our initiative to lower the registration fees! 


No comments:

Post a Comment