Thursday, March 20, 2014

Seeking Abstracts for the 2014 ASET Annual Conference!



I am currently seeking platform abstract presentations for the 2014 ASET annual conference in Asheville, North Carolina.   Platform presentations are oral presentations, with 30 minute time slots.  I recommend that the presentation not exceed 25 minutes so that there is time for questions.  There will be platform and poster abstract presentations on Aug. 21 and 22.  You do not have to provide a handout to go with your presentation, simply compose your presentation and create your slides.  There is a March 30 deadline for abstracts but this will likely be extended to give me extra time to receive them.

FAQ’s about ASET abstracts:
Q: What is the value of presenting an abstract at the ASET Annual Conference?
A:  There are many benefits.  First, let’s address the financial benefit:  it gets you free meeting registration for the day on which you present your abstract.  It also looks good on your resume or C.V.  It also gets you officially “published” since the abstracts are printed in the December issue of the ASET Neurodiagnostic Journal which is listed with the medical search engine, PubMed.  You will gain recognition and confidence.

Q: What kind of presentations can I do?
A:  You have a choice of platform or poster presentation.  Right now I really need some platform presentations, but if you really are uncomfortable with public speaking, you can opt for a poster presentation.  For a poster presentation, you will need to present your topic visually on a poster that is 4’X6’.  We ask poster presenters to put their posters up at a specific time, and be present with their posters during poster breaks to explain the poster to attendees who are interested in the topic.

Q: How do I request time or space to present an abstract?
A: There is an abstract application form on the ASET website, please just go to the “meetings” tab + annual conference + abstract and poster presentations + Download 2014 Abstract Application, or try this link: Abstract application form  Please also note that on our website, you can also access tips on how to do prepare a poster or podium abstract presentation.
In addition to the application form, you must also submit the 100-200 word synopsis of your abstract subject matter.  Please simply compose a Word document to fax to me along with the abstract form. This is what will be published in the ASET Journal and printed in the final program for the annual conference.  My fax number is 877-207-2235.
Q:  When will I find out if my abstract is accepted?  I will send out acceptance notices late in April.  The ASET Program Committee will review all abstract applications starting on April 1.  Within a month of the deadline I will contact everyone who submitted an abstract.  I will schedule a time for each podium abstract presentation at that time, and will include that in my notice to you.  You do not have to prepare a handout for an abstract, or submit the slides in advance.

If you would like to contact me directly with questions about the ASET abstracts, please send me an e-mail:    faye@aset.org

Thank you very much and I will see you in Asheville!

No comments:

Post a Comment